Volunteers at Missing People help us to extend the lifeline we're able to offer to those affected by missing. Whether utilising skills you already have or learning new ones, volunteers support in different areas of our work from direct support on our helpline, to assisting staff teams in the office, to raising awareness about the work we do at events in local communities.
Ready to join the team? Select from our list of currently available roles to find out more about how you could get involved.
Events Support - London
What you'd be doing
This role is really varied and flexible around your diary. It can include:
- Being part of cheering squads for our amazing runners and cyclists at events
- Joining our fun bucket collection events across the city. You could even organise one yourself with our help
- Helping at our community events by assisting set up, welcoming guests, distributing information materials and more
- Motivated by making a difference, reliable and willing to get stuck in
- Good communicator with a non-judgemental approach
- Keen to learn more about an issue that affects over 250,000 people in the UK every year
What this role can offer you
- Flexible volunteering that fits around your diary
- Meet likeminded fellow volunteers
- Gain insights into events run by a national charity
Location and availability
- Ideally, you'll be happy to volunteer at least three times a year
- Specific location depends on the event and each event typically lasts between 1 - 8 hours
Examples of upcoming events
- London Marathon - 22/04/2018
- Missing People 10k - 10/06/2018
- London to Brighton Cycle Challenge - 16/09/2018
To register your interest and be kept updated about these events and more, please click on Apply Now below.
Want to volunteer but can't make a regular commitment? Or can't find a volunteering opportunity with us in your local area? Micro Volunteering could be perfect for you.
You choose how much time you want to give, whether it's a few minutes or a few hours.